Members & Friends Area Fequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I’ve forgotten my password or username. What do I do?
- How do I request an account?
- Why is a login required?
- What is in the Members & Friends Area?
- How is personal information protected?
- I need help. Who do I contact?
If you have an account but don't know your username or password, follow these steps:
- Visit the Request new password page.
- Enter your e-mail address as your username. Click on “E-mail Password Reset Instructions”. An e-mail will be sent to you with further instructions.
- Check your e-mail Inbox. You should have received an e-mail from email@example.com. (If you did not receive this e-mail, please check your Spam folder.) Click on the link within this e-mail.
- You will then be taken to an informational, “Reset Password” page. Click on the “Login” button.
- Enter a new password into both the “Password” and “Confirm Password” boxes. Here you can also change your FPC contact info, upload a picture, or subscribe the various FPC newsgroups.
- When done click on the “Save” button at the bottom of the screen. Done!
Once your new password has been set, you can login by:
- Visiting the website home page.
- Click on the Members & Friends Area button in the blue, left-hand menu bar.
- Enter your e-mail and password.
When you are logged in, there will be a link to log out below the menu. On future visits to the website, you will remain logged in until you explicitly logout.
How do I request an account?
User accounts have already been set up for each adult in the FPC directory. First try logging in using the “Forgotten Password/Username” procedure. If that does not work, request a new account as described below.
If you are a new member or friend of the church and would like to have an account, please visit the Register page. After you enter your information, a member of the Membership Committee will need to verify your association with the church before your account is made active.
Why is a login required?
There is certain information in the Members & Friends Area which we don’t make available to the general public. This information includes:
- The church directory – A listing of all Members and active friends in the church. This document includes phones numbers, addresses, emails, and children’s names. To protect the privacy of our church community, this document is not publicly available.
- An online Youth calendar of events – As a matter of safety for our children, we not make public the times and locations of children’s events.
Requiring a login also hides this private information from search engines like Google.
What is in the Members & Friends Area?
- Google calendars showing upcoming FPC & Youth events (Note: The main FPC calendar is public and can be found here).
- The current version of the Church Directory (in PDF format).
- A searchable FPC contact list.
- Previous editions of the Chronicle Newsletter.
- An Interactive map showing where all you're FPC neighbors live (great for carpooling!).
- Various documents about church business: Board of Trustee meeting summaries, official policies, annual reports, capital campaign info, etc.
- An online form for changing your FPC contact information.
- A “Get Your Message Out!” online form where you can submit news articles for transmission through any or all of the FPC communications channels (website, Chronicle, Facebook, FPCAnnounce, Order of Service, etc.)
How is personal information protected?
I need help. Who do I contact?
Should you have difficulty logging in or have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from the Communications Committee will help you.